Hair Care Tips
Here are a few tips to ensure you are taking the best steps in caring for your Laced By Layy products!
Below are a few pointers to help extend the life of your hair:
- Wash and condition ALL hair before installing! This is very important as your hair may have been in it's packaging for a while and may be in need of a little refreshing. All units come pre-washed, conditioned, and ready to wear! Don't worry about washing them.
- If you have your hair installed, be sure to always brush your hair before going to bed. Always use a wig brush for straight/wavy textures or a wide tooth comb for curly textures. Be sure to comb/brush from the ends to the root to avoid any unintentional tangling and to easily get rid of any tangles.
- Before shampooing your hair, always detangle it. Always wash your hair gently in a downward motion using your fingers. Do not scrub or bunch hair together as this will cause the cuticles to open up and rub against each other which would then cause tangling.
- Always condition your hair with a moisturizing conditioner. A deep conditioning does the hair great at least once a month!
- Every 4 times or so you wash you hair, add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to your shampoo water, apple cider vinegar will clarify, add shine and remove any product build up from your hair.
- Avoid using product as much as possible! Our hair is great quality and does not need much to be maintained. This include the use of any oils and leave in conditioners on non-curly textures. The only products we recommend outside of shampoo/conditioner for straight or wavy textures is heat protectant when you are heat styling your hair.
- You also have the choice of only using conditioner on your hair when you feel like the hair needs reviving. This will make your hair feel like new!
- If possible, always allow your hair to air dry! Blow drying can cause major heat damage which will lead to other problems such as shedding and tangling.
- Avoid alcohol based products for your hair as alcohol is very drying to the hair.
Deep Wave/Curly Hair Texture Care Routine (also refer to steps above!)
Tools and Products needed:
Extra wide tooth comb
Suave professionals shampoo/conditioner
Leave in conditioner (optional)
For daily maintenance/ curl revival
- Fill spray bottle with water and two squirts of conditioner
- Spray hair until completely damp
- Detangle if necessary
- (Optional) For an all day wet look, apply your favorite leave in conditioner.
- Scrunch Hair to desired look
- Let air dry COMPLETELY before touching. Any movement of the hair will disrupt the curl pattern and can possibly cause it to look bushy.